Do you want to contribute to a new, sustainable plastic economy? Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your passion for sustainability and interest in technology? AION by Aker BioMarine is looking for a Data Engineer in an exciting and central role on their way to drive the transition to a circular economy for industrial plastic.
At AION by Aker BioMarine we think creatively, challenging established truths and push for new solutions. We challenge ourselves, solve problems, support our colleagues and look for opportunities to think bigger every day. As a rapidly expanding company, we make circularity happen at an industrial scale by working with our customers to identify opportunities to shift from linear to circular and grow their degree of circularity within plastic.
The position and the team
As a core part of our tech team your responsibility will be to build and scale the development of AIONs proprietary technology, AION LOOP, for circular supply systems, material traceability, supplier development and much much more. You will be instrumental in executing our current roadmap and continuing the work to define, design, and develop our digital products and services. Through your work with AION LOOP you will enable the increased use of recycled plastic, transparent reporting and control and the general progress of sustainable plastic use.
- Management of devices during pre-onboarding, onboarding and offboarding of suppliers
- Collaborate with suppliers regarding set up of devices and necessary equipment
- Contribute as key member of the AION tech development team
- Ensure value add from data capture
- Cleaning & unifying data sets
What can we offer?
By working for AION you will be part of the journey to become the leading circularity player within robust plastic fractions with a scalable and technology-agnostic business model, Circularity as a Service. Being part of a growing and change-making team will give you the opportunity to have a huge impact on giving new life to plastic waste. You will work with experts in a wide variety of fields from circular product design, plastic production, and business model innovation to ESG-reporting and supply chain management.
Other key things worth mentioning:
- A competitive compensation package
- The employee benefits, insurance, and retirement schemes of the Aker system
- Amazing colleagues and an informal, international and fun culture
- Financially solid with owners having great experience from growth
- New challenges around every corner
- The chance to learn circular business models in practice
- Flexible working hours and arrangements
- You will have the opportunity to work with a modern technology stack, built on containerization, nextis, and automated CI/CD pipelines
- Access to gym next to the office
- Mobile phone and subscription and internet at home
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with an educational or practical background in computer science, software engineering or other related subjects and experience in both hard- and software development & IoT-devices. You should have a hands-on mentality, show high execution power and be self-driven.
Other things we look for:
- Working with APIs for data extraction and wrangling
- Experience with industrial data-exchange standards such as UPC EA or ProfiNet is a plus!
- Good team collaboration and communication skills.
- Good communication skills in Norwegian and English, written and spoken.
- Handle ambiguity and change well
If you are intrigued to apply, please do so via this link Alternatively, Jonas in AvantGarde Search has a detailed prospect he will happily send to you. Jonas can be reached on email@example.com / 97 06 02 18
Wecome to Aion where we think inside the circle!
AvantGarde Search is a specialist recruitment company focusing on recruitment to technology companies and consultancy companies within tech or digitalization. We aim to be the driver for more modern and agile recruitment services, this in a very conservative industry. We have dedicated teams recruiting within their own key areas including management, software, sales, marketing, design and operations. Additionally, we have a team that 100% focus on recruitment to IoT companies. Since the start in 2019 we have had the opportunity to work with some of the fastest growing technology companies in Norway and Sweden.