“We are Inspera 🤗 one of the leading EdTech companies in the world! We are on a mission to evolve education on a global scale, and we are looking for you to join us on our journey to democratize educational assessment by making it more inclusive, fair, and relevant to the 21st century”
Fancy joining us?
Who are we?
Inspera was born in the small fjords of Norway and today, our assessment tools and services help leading educational institutions assess learners’ abilities across the globe.
We believe that there are many opportunities in improving teaching and learning through changing how assessments are done. And we have positioned our assessment platform and our services to be a key player to create a more accessible, effective, and fair educational system, adapting to the individual’s learning and assessment needs.
The job of the Product Designer
We already have a strong and competitive product in the market with customers and users all over the world. However, as we now have grown from a startup to a global SaaS company, we need to further enhance our usability of the platform. Therefore, we are looking for new team members to our skilled design team to help us enable our vision for future learning and assessment all over the world.
In this position you will be working in a cross-functional product team where you will be conducting research and defining user needs, creating and validating solutions, and ensuring a seamless end-to-end user experience. You will collaborate closely not only with product managers, engineers and data scientists, but also other experts in our customer success and sales areas as well as frequent interactions with our customers (and users).
Other key tasks and responsibilities:
- Drive the company with forward thinking, service-minded and user-centric design culture and design strategy.
- Play a key role in the strategic, conceptual, and visual phases of the products we build, including contributing to a company-wide design system.
- Implement and improve solutions and ensure a seamless user experience for the product area.
- Contribute to the organisation in establishing and driving appropriate design processes and methodology suitable for the problem at hand.
- Be a part of building and nurturing a strong design culture at Inspera.
- Ideate product designs for new improvements to our product and ensure a seamless user experience in your product area
- Ensure all designs for end users are accessibility compliant.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Developers, Data Scientists and QA-experts to understand needs and make usable solutions.
- Manage and structure the design processes, from discovering user needs to defining product features and designing solutions for our engineers to build.
- Work with other designers to build a platform-wide design system and design process.
Why join us?
- Become part of the hugely exciting Ed-tech market where minds are shifting around digital education.
- Work with central world issues: education and inclusion.
- A growing organization (140+ people) that offers flexible working structures with the opportunity to change and influence your workplace as well as our product
- The opportunity to join at an exciting stage of our growth and be part of shaping our international scaling and strategy.
- A fun, high-paced environment in brand new offices near Aker Brygge in Oslo, with other office locations in the UK, Sweden, Denmark and Australia and option to work remotely.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for passionate Product Designers who can own the overall design process in a product team and most importantly loves to solve user and business needs. We are looking for a person who has a product-lead mindset, can make data-informed decisions, and who sees opportunities where others don’t.
Key things we look for:
- A quick learner with the ability to dive into complex issues, identify the core of the problem, and quickly see potential solutions.
- A current Product Designer, UX Designer, or work in a similar role.
- Have at least 3 years of work experience with digital product design in a cross-functional product team.
- Hold a BSc/MSc degree in interaction design or other relevant fields
- Experienced with different design tools (we use Figma the most, but happy to expand our portfolio).
- Experience working in a SaaS company is a plus.
- You understand the benefits of creating and maintaining an accessible design system that makes customer experiences easier and development faster.
- Enjoy responsibility and have great communication skills.
- Passionate about shaping the future of assessment and education!
We want to make the process as smooth and easy for you as possible, because ultimately it is our job to ensure that you get the best insight into the company as possible.
If you already know that this opportunity is calling for you, please apply via the apply button. But if you have questions or would like further information prior to taking the leap into this new adventure, feel free to get in touch with our recruitment partner, Patricia Riolfo in AvantGarde Search. She will happily share with you a full prospect with much more information about us and the position.
” Join us as we make an impact creating products that make a real and tangible difference.”
AvantGarde Search is a specialist recruitment company focusing on recruitment to technology companies and consultancy companies within tech or digitalization. We aim to be the driver for more modern and agile recruitment services, this in a very conservative industry. We have dedicated teams recruiting within their own key areas including management, software, sales, marketing, design and operations. Additionally, we have a team that 100% focus on recruitment to IoT companies. Since the start in 2019 we have had the opportunity to work with some of the fastest growing technology companies in Norway and Sweden.