Norwegian Block Exchange (NBX) is operating a cryptocurrency exchange and is building out services within decentralized finance. We’re looking for an intermediate frontend developer to join our engineering team to help us achieve our high ambitions of building the best cryptocurrency exchange and digital ecosystem for consumers and institutions on a global level; optimizing operations for businesses across industries.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as a frontend developer with a distributed and passionate team delivering the platform and infrastructure of both the cryptocurrency exchange and the digital ecosystem. You’ll be met with skilled hands-on developers with different backgrounds – frontends, backends and full stacks alike.
Crypto is an exciting industry; one of few industries where there is still a lot of exploration going on. And what’s more exciting than a company that dares to venture into the unknown? This is your chance to be at the forefront of the financial revolution – in a company with security and compliance at its very core.
NBX is a distributed international company with 16 different nationalities. Our head office is located in Fornebu, Oslo. Of course, with the team being distributed, you decide if you want to sit at the office or if you prefer to work from home. There’s always a lot going on, but your colleagues are always there to back you up, in both your department, but also across departments and disciplines. We know that it’s our employees that make us different, which is why we invest a lot in them. Would you like to become one of our most valuable assets?
- Knowledgeable senior colleagues – lots of potential for learning
- Business decisions are just a phone call away
- Flat structure through and through
- Able to drive products and decisions
- Considerable owners – Kjos-family, various banks
- Trips with the company. Last year we went to Paris
Your tasks and responsibilities
NBX is a company experiencing strong growth, which means you’ll end up having pretty varied tasks – in both longer projects with new products, with smaller iterations, and maintenance of existing products. In projects, you’ll be working in flat-structured project teams. These teams consist of developers, product leads and team leads, who work agile to reach their goals. In terms of specific tasks and responsibilities, this is what you can expect:
- Design, implement, deploy and support our micro frontend web applications.
- Develop software that is part of the critical user journeys across our platform.
- Deliver on our most impactful projects by collaborating closely with tech,
product and business teams.
- Driving improvements and enhancements to UI and UX; you need to have a passion for developing easy and self-explanatory user interfaces.
- Creating high-quality code from your keen understanding of business requirements and applicability.
As we like to be at the cutting edge, technologies tend to be changed according to what seems most suitable for the respective task. This is also (as you’ll see) why we want you to be agnostic when it comes to technologies. As of now, however, these are the technologies you can look forward to working with:
- Redux CSS, including preprocessors like SCSS and LESS Webpack
- Styled components
- Shared libraries across micro frontends
Who are you?
We’re on the lookout for an analytical, yet pragmatic coder; someone who’s able to see and incorporate the simple solutions; someone who doesn’t overcomplicate things. Where and how your skills were acquired is not of importance, what’s important is that you’re skilled at what you do and that you’re open-minded, technology agnostic and eager to learn new languages, frameworks, patterns, etc.
As NBX is still very much a start-up, we would like to see someone attuned to that kind of mindset; understanding what being a part of a start-up is and means, as well as being involved somewhat with your colleagues. Having an interest in crypto/blockchains would also be an invaluable bonus.
- We’re looking for someone on an intermediate level (2-3+ years of Front-end experience).
- Worked with systems where frontend communicates with microservices backend via a REST API
- NBX is highly distributed and therefore the preferred language of communication is English, which means you need to be comfortable with both speaking and writing English.
- Pro if you have experience and are comfortable with a distributed team.
If all this sounds interesting to you, then reach out to our recruitment partner, Ole Foss at AvantGarde Search, either by phone (+47 47895488) or e-mail (email@example.com). He will happily send you a document with a lot more information about NBX and the position.
Alternatively, you could just apply straight away via this link. At this point, we only require a copy of your resumé or a link to your LinkedIn profile. We look forward to meeting you!
AvantGarde Search is a specialist recruitment company focusing on recruitment to technology companies and consultancy companies within tech or digitalization. We aim to be the driver for more modern and agile recruitment services, this in a very conservative industry. We have dedicated teams recruiting within their own key areas including management, software, sales, marketing, design and operations. Additionally, we have a team that 100% focus on recruitment to IoT companies. Since the start in 2019 we have had the opportunity to work with some of the fastest growing technology companies in Norway and Sweden.