Norwegian Block Exchange (NBX) is operating a cryptocurrency exchange and is building out services within decentralized finance. We’re looking for an intermediate back-end developer to join our engineering team to help us achieve our high ambitions of building the best cryptocurrency exchange and digital ecosystem for consumers and institutions on a global level; optimizing operations for businesses across industries.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as a backend developer with a distributed and passionate team delivering the platform and infrastructure of both the cryptocurrency exchange and the digital ecosystem. You’ll be met with skilled hands-on developers with different backgrounds – backends, frontends, and full stacks alike.
Crypto is an exciting industry; one of few industries where there is still a lot of exploration going on. And what’s more exciting than a company that dares to venture into the unknown? This is your chance to be at the forefront of the financial revolution – in a company with security and compliance at its very core.
NBX is a distributed international company with 16 different nationalities. Our head office is located in Fornebu, Oslo. Of course, with the team being distributed, you decide if you want to sit at the office or if you prefer to work from home. There’s always a lot going on, but your colleagues are always there to back you up, in both your department, but also across departments and disciplines. We know that it’s our employees that make us different, which is why we invest a lot in them. Would you like to become one of our most valuable assets?
- Knowledgeable senior colleagues – lots of potential for learning
- Business decisions are just a phone call away
- Flat structure through and through
- Able to drive products and decisions
- Considerable owners – Kjos-family, various banks
- Trips with the company. Last year we went to Paris
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and build decentralized finance products
- Work with a crypto company that has real impact
- Help shape architecture and technology choices for the future
- Flexible work hours
Your tasks and responsibilities
NBX is a company experiencing strong growth, which means you’ll end up having pretty varied tasks – in both longer projects with new products, with smaller iterations, and maintenance of existing products. In terms of specific tasks and responsibilities, this is what you can expect:
- Design, implement, deploy and support event-driven microservices with a focus on high availability, high performance, low latency and scalability.
- Develop software that is part of the critical user journey across our platform.
- Deliver on some of our most impactful projects by collaborating closely with SRE, Frontend, Product and Business teams to build, test, deploy and release new features to production
- Operate highly available microservices
As we like to be at the cutting edge, technologies tend to be changed according to what seems most suitable for the respective task. This is also (as you’ll see) why we want you to be agnostic when it comes to technologies. As of now, these are the technologies you can look forward to be working with:
- Event-driven microservices
- GCP (minimal cloud-specific functions)
- noSQL databases: Cassandra
- Event streaming platform: Apacke Kafka
- Secrets management: HashiCorp Vault
- Python (95%)
Who are you?
We’re on the lookout for an analytical, yet pragmatic coder; someone who’s able to see and incorporate the simple solutions; someone who doesn’t overcomplicate things. Where and how your skills were acquired is not of importance, what’s important is that you’re skilled at what you do and that you’re open-minded, technology agnostic and eager to learn new languages, frameworks, patterns, etc. You need not have specific skills in Python or any of the technologies mentioned above, but it would be nice if you’ve had experience with multiple of them or something comparable.
As NBX is still very much a start-up, we would like to see someone attuned to that kind of mindset; understanding what being a part of a start-up is and means, as well as being involved somewhat with your colleagues. Having an interest in crypto/blockchains would also be an invaluable bonus.
- Ability to write clean code
- We’re looking for someone on an intermediate level (2-3+ years of back-end experience).
- Experience with version control systems and a thorough understanding of test principles
- NBX is highly distributed and therefore the preferred language of communication is English, which means you need to be comfortable with both speaking and writing English.
- Pro if you have experience and are comfortable with a distributed team.
If this sounds interesting to you, then reach out to our recruitment partner, Lotte Gjørsvik at AvantGarde Search, either by phone (+47 467 73 573) or e-mail (email@example.com). She will happily send you a document with a lot more information about NBX and the position.
Alternatively, you could just apply straight away via this link. At this point, we only require a copy of your resumé or a link to your LinkedIn profile. We look forward to meeting you!
AvantGarde Search is a specialist recruitment company focusing on recruitment to technology companies and consultancy companies within tech or digitalization. We aim to be the driver for more modern and agile recruitment services, this in a very conservative industry. We have dedicated teams recruiting within their own key areas including management, software, sales, marketing, design and operations. Additionally, we have a team that 100% focus on recruitment to IoT companies. Since the start in 2019 we have had the opportunity to work with some of the fastest growing technology companies in Norway and Sweden.