Do you like working A-Z with security and do you want to use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues? Does getting the opportunity to be involved in- and shape Disruptive Technologies’ security stack trigger you?
If yes, then we would very much like to hear from you. We have a detailed prospect we will happily send to you. All confidential of course. We are open for candidates both in Oslo and Trondheim, and English speakers are more than welcome!
At Disruptive Technologies we create a radically simple and secure sensor solution that delivers useful insights to customers, enabling more sustainable, safe and efficient operations. The technology we put into use is founded upon cross-disciplinary expertise from dozens of industries. To turn our innovative vision to reality and deliver value to all operations, we look for individuals who are ambitious and willing to learn. We value collaboration & exploration, speed & accountability.
“Sense the real world everywhere, deliver insights anywhere”
Measurable sensor data can be very sensitive; the purpose of the position is to protect customers, ensure application security and ensure that gateways that customers connect to their infrastructure are secure.
As a Security Software Engineer you will be part of the Cloud team. The Cloud team is responsible for designing, building, and maintaining scalable, reliable and secure services and systems powering the Disruptive Technologies sensor platform. Your main responsibility will be to ensure the security of applications and services, but you will also support the organization on topics like security requirements, risk assessment, and security questionnaires.
You’ll help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and networks devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data. You’ll also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security vulnerabilities.
Satisfying customer requirements in terms of security is very important in this position, as the vast majority of customers have requirements for security of the solutions and must be confident that the products are safe.
- Suggest, evaluate and implement security mitigations and improvements.
- Perform security assessments, risk analysis and threat modelling.
- Contribute to Disruptive Technologies security vision and roadmap.
- Perform security requirements analysis and modelling.
- Develop features and improvements to Disruptive Technologies products in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Contribute to keeping Disruptive Technologies Google Cloud infrastructure secure.
- Provide security expertise and guidance to stakeholders across the organization including engineering teams, product, sales, and operations.
- Work with customers and partners with security requirements gathering, RFIs (request for information) and security assessments.
- Be part of Disruptive Technologies on-call team.
Some of the technologies being used
Who are we looking for?
Ideally you have a bit of DevOps experience, you are familiar with tools like Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform and experience with securing service-to-service communications.
You have a deep understanding of web application security threats, exploits and prevention, practical knowledge of cryptography and common attacks against modern cryptographic algorithms and experience securing applications in public cloud
Other than mentioned above, it would be perfect if you have great communication skills in English, you get things started and get things done and you are precise and drawn to details. You must endure being the expert and being a very important resource for everyone.
What can we offer you?
First and foremost, we like to think it is our technology, focus on disruption and innovation as well as our “can-do” attitude towards the impossible that will make you want to consider working for us. In this role you get to work with IoT full stack security, including SDS with end-to-end security, all defined by Disruptive Technologies. We have good ties with academia and are participating in an application for a research grant from Forskningsrådet together with SINTEF Digital.
Other positive aspects of working for Disruptive Technologies includes:
- Great international interest in our products and solutions.
- “Wow” factor technology and solutions and a wide scope in relation to services.
- Winner of numerous awards.
- Working on a wide specter – Disruptive Technologies has their own integrated circuit.
- An innovative and flat environment where there is freedom to impact what technologies are being used and work on technology that is of interest to you.
- Working with the best of the best makes Disruptive Technologies an excellent place for learning and development, also outside your area of specialization.
- Studio at the office for configuration of sensors.
- Monthly hack-days.
- Great experience to have on your CV working from HW to cloud.
- Opportunity to work from home when needed.
- Close to public transport (2 min walk).
- Exposure to other cloud technologies in which our clients use e.g AWS, Azure and more.
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to learn more about Disruptive Technologies and the position. If you would like a full prospect prior to deciding if this is of interest or not, please contact our recruitment partners in AvantGarde Search, Lotte Gjørsvik or Ole Foss. Alternatively feel free to apply right away via this link. At this stage we only require a copy of your CV or link to your detailed LinkedIn profile.
Welcome to Disruptive Technologies!
Skill | Simplicity | Sustainability | Sincerity
About Disruptive Technologies
Disruptive Technologies is the developer of the world’s smallest commercial-grade wireless sensors and a rapidly growing innovator in the IoT market. The Internet-of-Things promised a self-sufficient world of interconnectedness, but the technology was expensive, cumbersome and limited. It also came with a range of new privacy and security concerns, hindering adoption. In 2013, we saw this as an opportunity for a major constructive disruption. We created a system of small, efficient, powerful and adaptable sensors to reach an ever greater number of operational components. We also made data encryption a core priority.
Our sensing solution based on these tiny sensors simplifies data collection and delivers the data securely to our own dashboard (DT Studio) or our partners’ analytics programs in the cloud. Our technology enables sensor solutions for smart buildings, facilities management, workplace, manufacturing & warehousing, cold storage and substations. Finally, safe, cost efficient and sustainable operations allow people to truly unload the ordinary for more rewarding pursuits. From predictive maintenance to energy efficiency and sustainability, we’re connecting people and information to deliver Connected Change.