Do you want to offer high-quality satellite TV and Internet TV solutions to more than 1 million customers while constantly improving your skills and taking action on your ideas?
The international TV Operator Allente Nordic is now looking for two new integration developers to join their Tech/ Systems & Platforms division!
What is Allente?
Allente is a Nordic TV Operator, providing top-quality TV services to more than 1 million customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Finland. The company was established in May 2020 by a merger between Digital and Viasat Consumer. In 2019, the two companies had combined net sales of SEK 7.5 bn. Allente is owned 50/50 by Telenor Group and NENT Group.
Working for Allente means that you are joining a team which is devoted to providing the best TV services to its customers. Quality is our hallmark in all aspects, whether it’s customer experience, available content, picture, and sound. We take our pride in delivering the best possible linear and streamed TV services via satellite (DTH) to the Nordics, as well as broadband services in Sweden and Norway.
Your role; key responsibilities and duties
As an integration developer at Allente, you will a part of the highly skilled and ambitious Tech / Systems & Platforms Team. You will contribute to ongoing development tasks and provide input to relevant managers and stakeholders regarding improvements to guidelines, processes, design, and architecture. You deliver high-quality code and like to stay up-to–date with relevant trends and technologies.
Allente is still in a stage where we are continuously growing, building new solutions, expanding, and launching new products. We can assure you that you will constantly have interesting and challenging assignments to cope with.
This is what you are sure to work with and be a part of
Further development of our integration platform consisting of many independent components. This platform is supporting and integrating with internal systems (e.g. CRM, billing systems), our online TV clients, websites, external partners and more.
You will be the main developer of one or more of these components. Meaning:
- Responsible for quality, design, and implementation
- Talk to internal and external stakeholders to discuss and clarify requirements and solutions.
- Provide input and improvements to both the component and the solution as a whole
- Assist with troubleshooting where relevant
The biggest tasks on deck right now are
- Integration with several new partners (including streaming partners)
- Moving to cloud
- Establish principles and best practices for our integration platform in the cloud
- Adapt and refactor components to cloud services as relevant
- Adapt, update and further automate our CI / CD pipeline
- Java / Spring Boot / Tomcat
- Primarily REST-ish services with JSON payload (mainly via JAX-RS)
- Some existing SOAP services
- Integrations with external partners in whatever is required; Primarily JSON / REST-ish, occasionally XML / HTTP or CSV / FTP
- Swagger / OpenAPI
- Other common services and frameworks in use where applicable; ElastiCache/Redis, JPA / Hibernate, Flyway, EHCache, Hystrix, NewRelic, Elasticsearch
- Unit testing with tools ala JUnit, Mockito, Spock, WireMock,…
- Moving towards cloud (AWS) (Docker / Kubernetes / Helm)
- Source control with Git and build automation with Jenkins
In Allente we make sure you will…
Work in an organization with opportunities at every turn, and a culture formed to support and develop our people to the very best they can be. You will be given the means to be innovative, influential, and flexible in how you want to work and the opportunity to affect our practices.
We encourage you to grow and develop your career within the company and facilitate for you to constantly improve your skills and take action on your ideas. Furthermore, you will gain international experience through interacting with the whole international Allente organization. Last but not least, we will make sure you get fair and competitive terms & conditions.
As applications will be evaluated continuously, we encourage applicants to submit applications promptly.
The position will be based in Oslo, Norway.
If this looks interesting just click the apply link and leave your name and email and we will provide you with more information.
Also feel free to contact our recruitment partner AvantGarde Search, Albanit Rexhaj, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +47 41 27 71 68
Diversity and inclusion
Allente has an important social mission both nationally and internationally. We need diversity because different perspectives promote innovation, insight, better decision making, and mobilizes the potential of our employees. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for a job with us, regardless of age, gender, functional ability, religion or ethnic background! #BetterTogether