Are you into TV distribution and web development? Do you want to develop high quality satellite TV and Internet TV solutions to more than 1 million customers while constantly improving your skills and taking actions on your ideas?
The international TV Operator Allente Nordic is now looking for two Web Solution Developers to become the go-to person and help the Tech / Systems & Platforms division develop the best user-friendly frontend applications in the market!
What is Allente?
Allente is a Nordic TV Operator, providing top quality TV services to more than. 1 million customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland. The company was established in May 2020 by a merger between Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer. In 2019, the two companies had combined net sales of SEK 7.5 bn. Allente is owned 50/50 by Telenor Group and NENT Group.
Working for Allente means that you are joining a team which is devoted to providing the best TV services to its customers. Quality is our hallmark in all aspects, whether it’s customer experience, available content, picture and sound. We take our pride in delivering the best possible linear and streamed TV services via satellite (DTH) to the Nordics, as well as broadband services in Sweden and Norway.
Your role; key responsibilities and duties
As a web solution developer at Allente, you will a part of the highly skilled and ambitious Tech / Systems & Platforms Team. You will contribute to ongoing development tasks and come with input to relevant managers and stakeholders with possibilities for improvements to guidelines, processes, design, and architecture. You deliver high-quality and maintainable code and be up-to-date with relevant trends and technologies.
Allente is still in a stage where we are continuously growing, building new solutions, expanding, and launching new products for our customers. We can assure that you will constantly have interesting and challenging assignments to cope with.
Your main tasks will be as part of the team working on:
- Customer web – Providing the customer with information about products and provides self-service functionality for becoming a customer, changing subscription, viewing invoices, payment, etc.
- Sales web – Provides necessary functionality for our external and internal salespeople and our installers. This includes functionality like selling to new customers, changing existing subscriptions, ordering hardware for customers, stock taking / replenishment, work order handling, etc.
Typical Front-end tasks
- Create reusable react components using JS with styling using SASS
- Use Asp.net MVC to create reusable EPiServer blocks
- Improve development experience using webpack and its ecosystem
- Use Jenkins to deploy local branches to test environments to validate changes
- Create HTML email templates for marketing and customer facing teams
- Show ownership and accountability by being responsive on fixing bugs and conducting knowledge transfer sessions
- Be go-to person for features worked on
Typical NET/C# tasks
- Object-oriented design
- Creating client side models from API spec
- EPiServer page model and blocks
- EPiServer CMS development
- Debugging and monitoring using Azure app insights
- Working on these C# aspects: Interfaces, Null propagation, Linqqueries, Dependency Injections, Handlers, MVC, Async calls
- Improving speed on web, measuring speed, working with Git, and feature toggling
- Optimizely (EpiServer) as CMS backend (hosted on DXP – Digital Experience Cloud)
- .NET / C # / MS-SQL web backend code
- Frontend: HTML5, Foundation CSS, React, Redux, Formik, Redux-saga, Redux-toolkit, SASS, ES6
In Allente we make sure you will…
Work in an organization with opportunities at every turn, and a culture formed to support and develop our people to the very best they can be. You will be given the means to be innovative, influential, and flexible in how you want to work and the opportunity to affect our practices.
We encourage you to grow and develop your career within the company and facilitate for you to constantly improve your skills and take action on your ideas. Furthermore, you will gain international experience through interacting with the whole international Allente organization.
Last but not least, we will make sure you get fair and competitive terms & conditions.
As applications will be evaluated continuously, we encourage applicants to submit applications promptly.
The position will be based in Oslo, Norway.
If this looks interesting just click the apply link and leave your name and email and we will provide you with more information.
Also feel free to contact our recruitment partner AvantGarde Search, Albanit Rexhaj, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +47 41 27 71 68
Diversity and inclusion
Allente has an important social mission both nationally and internationally. We need diversity because different perspectives promote innovation, insight, better decision making, and mobilizes the potential of our employees. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply for a job with us, regardless of age, gender, functional ability, religion or ethnic background! #BetterTogether