Want to solve real-word robotics problems? Want to be part of groundbreaking technology innovation? Want to join a company that has been referred to one of the most interesting robotics startups?
We introduce the world’s first autonomous wheel, wheel.me Genius.
Wheel.me Genius product development is divided into 4 main parts: Full stack, Robotics, Electronics/Embedded Software and Mechanics. Currently, Wheel.me Genius is coming very close to a preproduction stage where custom electronics are being finalized and mechanics have been carefully designed for a mass production capability. Robotics part is written in C++/Python and uses ROS2 as a framework (currently on Foxy) and Docker. The communication with the cloud/backend is based on gRPC. We use GitLab CI/CD for a pipeline and also in a process of integrating a simulated test for our robotics repository in order to work in a well-tested, professional environment (which you will play a big part in creating one).
Complete the full CI/CD pipeline with more static and dynamic/simulated tests using gitlab CI/CD, enhance LiDAR localization system, improve motion planners and increase the system safety for industrial use (for example collision identification).
- be responsible for designing perception algorithms and implementing them in robust, efficient, and well-tested C++ code
- solve real-world perception challenges such as sensor fusion, SLAM and local/global path planning
- collaborate closely with other members on the team and lead a team of robotics engineers
We are looking for a highly skilled Lead/Senior Robotics Engineer who possesses the following:
- A strong technical background. BS, MS or PhD with 2+ years of academic or industry experience in designing and implementing perception algorithms. You are a skilled software engineer with experience in C++ and strong problem-solving skills. You are passionate about solving real-world robotics problems, and you have ideally worked on autonomous robots before. Prior experience in developing industrial mobile robots is a plus.
- A team player. You take ownership and work with the team to deliver exceptional results.You are interested in the performance of the entire system across engineering disciplines.
- The ability to build and iterate quickly. You enjoy working fast and smart, and you are comfortable in the earlier stages of developing an algorithm from scratch.
- A place with big goals that we trust we can achieve.
- A fast-paced environment where we work with talented, committed and supportive teammates.
- Work with Fortune 500 companies around the world!
wheel.me is an IoT & Robotics company with global ambitions, located in Oslo. We help people improve the way they live and work by enabling everything indoors to move effortlessly on small and cost-effective embedded robots – smart wheels. The company that was established in Oslo 2013, and is led by CEO & Founder, Atle Timenes, a successful serial entrepreneur. wheel.me is funded by Idékapital Fund 1 AS, a Norwegian venture company that invest in ambitious tech and software companies. All products are produced and assembled in Norway. wheel.me is supported by Innovation Norway and The Research Council of Norway.
wheel.me is currently working on the first commercial installations in the US, Europe, Japan and locally. wheel.me is engaging with Fortune 500 companies and is experiencing massive interest for its technology. This is the opportunity to work with unique technology in one of the world’s most comfortable cities in the world – Oslo.
We want to find a Lead Robotics Engineer as soon as possible, therefore, we only require your CV at this stage. You can apply here.
If you need more information before you decide to apply please feel free to get in touch with our recruiting partner, Nina Elisabeth Berge, in AvantGarde Search on +47 97 10 10 98 or email@example.com. Nina has a full prospect of the position that she happily will share with you.
We look forward to hearing from you.