Do you want to be the Data Protection Officer of an exciting new joint venture?
Allente is a Nordic TV operator, providing top quality TV services to its appr. 1.2 million customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland. The company was established in May 2020 by a merger between Canal Digital and Viasat Consumer. In 2019, the two companies had combined net sales of SEK 7.5 bn. Allente is owned 50/50 by Telenor Group and NENT Group.
Working for Allente means that you are joining a team which is devoted to providing the best TV services to its customers. Quality is our hallmark in all aspects, whether it’s customer experience, available content, picture and sound. We take our pride in delivering the best possible linear and streamed TV services via satellite (DTH) to the Nordics, as well as broadband TV in Sweden (IPTV).
As our customers’ trust is essential to us, data privacy and data security have been identified as fundamental to our corporate strategy. At the same time we are increasingly dependent on the ability to use data to provide products and services to our customers that meet their expectations. That’s why we need to have best in class practices for collection, processing and transfer of personal data. To ensure we have the essential competence and capacity within the privacy domain, we are now searching for a new Data Protection Officer.
Your key responsibilities
The Data Protection Officer shall ensure the various tasks of a DPO according to GDPR cross Nordics and is responsible e.g. for maintaining a sufficient and effective governance framework & management system for the protection of privacy, securing that personal data is processed on valid legal basis, proactively advising the organization on data protection matters, running data protection impact assessments, representing the interests of data subjects on matters related to processing of personal data, monitoring compliance with data protection laws, and to act as the contact point towards data protection authorities.
As our Data Protection Officer, you will also be responsible for defining our overall privacy strategy and for identifying relevant activities for its implementation.
- You hold a university degree such as a Master (preferably a law degree)
- You have worked with privacy-related issues in a data-driven company, a law firm or a government body
- You demonstrate specialist knowledge and expertise within privacy and data protection, and you have further ambitions to develop your knowledge
- You are motivated to learn more about and interact with other business environments
- You are inspired by digital capabilities and would like to be a part of building the trust of our customers towards us
- You communicate effectively in writing and have excellent presentation skills
- You interact and cooperate well with people from other cultures and professional environments
- You are proactive and like to see results
- You make things happen by taking responsibility for the task and the output.
- You are able to build a network of contacts and create relationships that can help you achieve your objectives
- A truly Nordic position in a successful provider of TV- and media services where you will be constantly challenged
- Broad exposure to senior management and other key decisions makers
- Excellent opportunities for personal development
- Competitive terms & conditions
- As applications will be evaluated continuously, we encourage applicants to submit applications promptly.
- The position will be based in Stockholm, Sweden or Oslo, Norway
- Some international travel should be expected.
If this looks interesting just click apply and leave your name and email and we will provide you with more information. We require no CV or application at this stage.
Also feel free to contact our recruitment partner Avantgarde Search at +47 93 69 44 20 or firstname.lastname@example.org .