Miros is a technology company with ambitious growth plans. We develop IoT sensors and cloud-based services for environmental monitoring. Our mission is to measure the ocean surface leveraging modern, digital technology while empowering customers to make better decisions. Miros collects data from various sources. The data is analysed and used as input to web applications or as direct integration with external systems.
We are now looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our highly competent and experienced software development team in Asker. You will be working closely together with our physicists, oceanographers, radar specialists, data scientists and the rest of the Miros team. Your task is to contribute to the product development of our portfolio of advanced IoT and cloud solutions.
Daily tasks include:
The focus area for the position is development of Software-as-a-Service applications towards our customers. The industry is mainly within shipping, offshore wind, oil & gas and ports and coastal.
- Develop platform components related to integration/storage/processing/distribution
- Develop SW related to data flow, data APIs and database and storage integration
- Implement modern data structures and storage formats suitable for IoT applications
- Ensure that security is handled all the way from data collection to data distribution
- Implement modern communication technologies used in IoT applications
- Implement data processing and machine learning algorithms
- Focus on software quality and testability
Azure technologies include, but are not limited to; IoT Hub, Data Lake, Cosmos DB, Service Bus, Service Fabric, Kubernetes, Active Directory.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology, IoT and cloud solutions as well as someone who loves coming up with new ideas and new ways of doing things. Someone who understands the interaction with the “real things” and someone with a thorough understanding of cloud technologies.
Other key “must haves” include:
- C# and .NET
- Cloud technologies (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Agile software development processes
- Bachelor or above from Computer Science or related fields
- 3 years` + experience with back-end development
Key positives with this opportunity
We always invest in our staff and the most modern technology and offer a competitive salary and the standard perks that comes with a position of this nature. We work with an agile methodology; we focus on modernization and digitalization and you will be working with groundbreaking technology that is Sea State As a Service.
Other key positives include:
- Miros has a focus on modernization of IoT and digitalization
- Heavily involved
- Ability to make a significant impact on the end-product
- Work for a leader within their field
- Company with an international focus
- Focus on environmental monitoring’
Even if you are not actively looking for a new job, we would welcome the opportunity to hear from you and thus will make this very easy for you. No CV registration or application is necessary. Simply get in touch with our recruitment partner, Jonas Haneborg at Avantgarde Search. Jonas@avantgardesearch.no of phone +47 97060218). Jonas will provide you with more detailed information in relation to the role, Miros as an employer and the process.
If you are ready to apply, then feel free to press the apply button.
All contact will be kept strictly confidential and Avantgarde Search are happy to have dialogue with candidates outside of work ours if preferential.
Welcome to Miros. Help us modernizing IoT and the digitalization process within shipping, maritime and renewable industries.